Sponsors & Investors
Dexia and EIB are SEIEF’s main sponsors and also large investors:
- At the inception of SEIEF, Dexia was a European leading provider of financing for local authorities and also a leader in project finance. This leader status and its relationship network with the public sector and large industrial companies active in infrastructure have been indisputable assets for SEIEF to access the best investment opportunities.
- The European Investment bank (« EIB »), owned by the 27 Member States of the European Union (« EU »), is the long-term financing institution of the EU. One of its main roles is to finance the infrastructure sector in line with the EU objective to further integrate EU Member States.
The other sponsors are:
- Holding Communal (Belgium),
- Banco de Sabadell (Spain), regional sponsor for Spain
- Caixa Geral (Portugal), regional sponsor for Portugal
- Banco Popolare (Italy), regional sponsor for Italy.
SEIEF’s investors/sponsors are all institutional investors with a good knowledge of the infrastructure and renewable energy sectors in which they are leading players.
SEIEF enjoys their support for the identification, the selection and the origination of new investment opportunities.